Monday, April 21, 2014

Day 465 - Your Stuff

To everyone who interacts with me or my social media account, I'm sorry. Haven has developed his own gravity, it seems. Not only in my body, but my thoughts and actions revolve around him as well. I'm constantly thinking of getting ready for his arrival and daydreaming about what it'll be like when he gets here. Pretty much to the exclusion of everyone and everything else. Except food. That will still grab my attention.

But you still have stuff and I want to hear about it. I want to know what's going on in your life. My baby A.D.D. does not mean that I don't care about you and your stuff anymore. I do. I just need you to be assertive about it right now because I really struggle to pop the Haven bubble. Not to mention the baby brain that makes it rather difficult to remember where we last left off and therefore ask you relevant questions about any developments. I promise, I do still care and I do still want to hear. You're my friends, my family, and you're important to me. Even if I'm having a difficult time expressing that right now because in between your sentences of 'so today I found out' and 'next week I'm going to' I've suddenly remembered that I haven't read the instruction manual for the wipe warmer yet and am rethinking which drawer I want to store the diapers in.

I do hope you'll forgive me. I've never done this before and while I know we're not going to be ready (who is ever ready for a tiny human!?) I want to be as ready as I can be. And it's getting really, really close to crunch time. Even if Haven comes on his due date, we're about 3 weeks out. Family history hints that we may not make it to his due date. In fact, family history hints that we may be looking at having a baby in about a week. And we're excited. We're just ridiculously excited. And thusly incredibly, incredibly distracted. 

We're already at the point of no return. If I go into labor while writing this, the medical professionals will not stop my labor. Which means that every kick and twinge is being over analyzed by my mommy brain. And considering how incredibly active our unborn son is, that takes up most of my daily brain power. 

So please, please feel free to butt in and tell me about you. I really do want to hear. I still need you. And when you go through the same thing, when your baby brain kicks in, I'll understand. And bring you food. And really, really try to not pester you with advice and just let you talk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment