Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Day 406 - Bridezilla

Dear World:

I am so sorry. I'm getting married in 17 days. I have a to-do list that sort of can't be put off. I have a fiance in another state. We're sort of broke, and doing our best to pull this off as cheaply as possible. So far, everything has been provided, and I have faith that our loved ones and the Good Lord Above will continue to help us out.

So, I'm sorry all I can talk about is my wedding. I'm so incredibly excited. See, Anthem is sort of the best guy I know. He encourages me, steadies me, excites me, leads me, and cherishes me. While constantly surprising me, he manages to always be exactly what I need. Part of me is still struggling to believe that it's real, and that I get to marry him in 17 days. And pretty much all of me wants it to be the wedding day right now. I'm so ready for this new chapter of my life to begin. I'm excited to be in the same state as my best friend and love of my life.

And I'm trying to pay attention to every moment because in 17 days I'm moving all of my earthly possessions to Texas where my husband is darn near the only person I know. It's a rather intimidating thing. I'm excited as all get out, there are not words for how ready I am to make this move. It's still intimidating. It'll be months, even a year before I'll see, in person, the loved ones I'm leaving behind. So I'm trying my darndest to live in each moment with my loved ones and be aware of everything that's going on so I can treasure it and not let it slip on by. Because once it's gone, it's gone.

I'm sorry I seem to be a total scatter brain, I just want everything to be as pleasant as possible. I only get to do this once. So I make returns 30 seconds after a purchase. And I make inappropriate sex jokes. And I seem like a flighty kitten hyped up on espresso (which is sad, considering there is usually no caffeine in this system... yes, I'm just that excited). And I often look like a deer in the headlights because I am constantly forgetting things that everyone else seems to know. Like if I'm having cake, I'll need plates. And then I say, "Crap! Plates!? I have no idea!?" And then my wonderful MOH steps in and says, "It's okay, we can get plates."

I am really trying to not be a crazy bridezilla. Really. I am. I know I'm not always succeeding, but I promise there is effort there.






No comments:

Post a Comment