Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Day Three Hundred and Sixty Eight - Ready

It's game time. Tomorrow morning I take my insurance exam. (Not to be an insurance agent, but to work for them competently. I prefer receptionist to sales. That being said, if you live in Iowa and need some insurance, we've got the best.) I've been studying for weeks. I'm as ready as I'm going to get. And now... now I just have to trust in my own abilities.

I'm so excited to be done with this test. Today was day three of my new job and I love it. It's right up my alley. I can be as organized as I please, and I get to make coffee in the mornings. Office banter is good natured and all around pleasant. I couldn't ask for a better position. And of course, everything at Kitchen Dressings is going swimmingly again as I'm not longer calling in sick every day. Still not completely recovered, but thanks to a fantastic mom and wonderful friends, am back on my feet and getting there.

Everything is changing, which as you might know, usually makes me freak out a little. But I'm not. I'm just really excited for the opportunities that are coming my way. Soon the HLM and I will be roomies and working together more often. Soon I'll be able to answer a lot of questions about myself that I'd really like to know, including: can I do this on my own?

With great freedom comes great responsibilities, and some questions about myself I can only find the answer to when I'm the only one responsible for me. When it's my place, my life, and just me in the quiet times. There are a lot of things I need to know. And thankfully, I have the time to find the answers in the coming months. Because finally... I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment