Saturday, December 15, 2012

Day Three Hundred and Sixty Nine - Time

Hey guys. I know. It's been ten days. I haven't gone ten days without blogging since it began. For the past ten days, I have not had the time.

Well. The last time I had the time I decided to put up my Christmas tree instead.

And what the past ten days has taught me is that... time is precious. Tonight, I was off at 4pm and I practically threw a mental party about it. A whole night! Now, to be clear, I do feel sort of terrible for taking the night off from being social. Tonight is the Winter Formal and Sacrifice, which you'll remember from last year is freaking awesome. And even though it is my favorite party of the year, my tank has been running on fumes for days. There was just no way I could swing it and stay sane. So I pulled up Hulu and caught up on Grey's Anatomy while I did two sinkloads of dishes. And I felt calmer than I had in days. Being productive, and having a chance to be quiet, is essential to my sanity. And when I work 12-13 hour days, I just don't have it in me to keep up with everything that needs to be done.

And so I now cherish the hours off that I have (It's been over 2 weeks since my last day off, and 10 days until my next one so I now count my 'off time' in hours) and fill them with productivity and utter relaxation. Time is precious. And I'll be glad to have a day off, and enjoy it like I never have. I know there will come a day when I'll once again forget how precious time is, but today is not that day. Today is the day I made food, did dishes, did laundry, and went to bed at 8:30 to catch up sleep.

And the thing is...I really don't mind this schedule. It has its days when I'm tired and want to be home. But for the most part, I really don't mind it at all. Especially considering I'm 24.

I've gotta do Advent stuff with momma. But wanted to say hey. I'll make up for lost time in the coming months. Everything slows down after Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment