Sunday, December 2, 2012

Day Three Hundred and Sixty Eight - Nothing Makes You Thankful Like

Nothing makes you thankful like being sick. It's been a week now. I've been sitting on this couch, feeling like death, for a week. It's horrible. I miss my life. I hate calling in sick to work. Not only because I leave my boss in a bind, but because I genuinely enjoy working. I like making money, and I like being productive.

I miss my friends. My beautiful, wonderful friends have invited me out on multiple occassions this week that I have had to decline due to feeling like total crap.

I miss the outdoors. I miss talking without coughing. I miss breathing through my nose. I miss being able to clean my house. No, really, I do.

I haven't even decorated for Christmas yet. Makes me want to cry. I love all things sparkly. And I started Advent all alone instead of at church like I wanted.

But now, when I get well, I'm not going to let a single second of the season pass me buy without my notice. So, I'm thankful for being sick for the past week. Because it's reminded me of all the things that are important in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment