Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Day Three Hundred and Seventy One - Into The Silence

No matter how loud the world around me gets, or how many different directions I feel pulled, when I have peace, it is quiet inside. And when it's quiet inside, I can hear myself. And more importantly, I can hear God. 

Right now, my life is pretty loud. I feel stretched pretty thin. But I'm also pretty thankful. And inside, it's as quiet as the hush after a heavy snow. I feel like I can hear the smallest whisper inside. And because of everything that has happened in the past few months, I know exactly who I am. And not a clue where I'm going. And I'm totally okay with that because at this very moment, I am genuinely happy. Not only with my life, but with me. I am proud of me. I like me. And without guilt or insecurity constantly screaming at me, I can enjoy the silence. And into the silence... I can speak. I can praise. I can breathe. I can enjoy everything that life has to offer. Good food. The pride of doing all you can to do the best you can. The best friends I could ever ask for. A warm bed. A full belly. And enough reading material to fill a year. 

In the silence, every blessing becomes more apparent. In the silence, it's easier to know what to do and where to go. In the silence... I'm not worried about a single thing. In the silence, I have peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment