Saturday, November 26, 2011

Day Three - Home

How is it that I forget exactly how long a ten hour drive is? Its ten hours. In a car. Driving. Ugh. At least its over. This entry will be short ladies and gents, and more than likely will seem as if I'm typing more gibberish than sense. Do you see my face? No? Well, it doesn't care.

I did get to think today, but most of it wasn't consciously coherent. It was sort of like dreaming. Sometimes the picture was clear and sharp, I think perhaps my imagination was trying to find a new hope in letting go of the old one. Other times I was simply happy, or hopeful, or sad. There were no pictures, no story, just a feeling, gentle and soft, and I felt it. From the bottom of Missouri until I was almost home, I was flying. Part of me kissed the sky and flew in a sea of improbabilities that made it happy, and calmed me down. By the time I was home, I was quite satisfied, though I lack the words to explain the quiet contentment that has taken root.

As for now, I am home, I am at peace, and I am freaking exhausted. The only thing on my mind is that I get to see my six beautiful nieces and nephews tomorrow, and won't see my more annoying relatives for over a year. Today is a good day. Tomorrow will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment