Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Day 437 - Because We're Besties

Because I respect Anthem's manhood - I do not refer to him as my bestie. That being said - he totally is. And... the best part of that is that I know he feels the same way about me. See, there is this moving job he might get - it's still a might - but it's taking this copier from Temple, TX to New Jersey. One man job. And his first thought is, "I'm totally taking my wife."

I know we're still newly weds, but we do enjoy each other's company so much that we want to take that trip together. Just a road trip - a grueling one, admittedly - but a road trip with each other. That sounds AWESOME.

I don't know how other couples do it, and honestly don't care because we do what's best for us regardless of any norms, but from the ones I've seen - sometimes they lose an appreciation for just spending time together. James has had a light few days, and we took advantage of that. And I stopped being so obsessed with being productive to just be with him. So we laid in bed for hours and hours and watched Harry Potter together. We talked through some of it, cuddled through all of it, and just let ourselves relax and be with each other.

Don't... miss out on time like that. Chances that we'll have time like this in the future is pretty infantismal as we do hope to have children someday soon. And then it won't matter whether laundry was done a day late, or if we just ate mac and cheese. What will matter is that we got to laugh with each other, lay with each other (which is incredibly emotionally bonding - not to mention incredibly comfortable) be goofy with each other, and relax with each other. What will matter is that we used the time for what was really important - us.

Sometimes... not being productive is the most productive you can be. Or something like that.


No comments:

Post a Comment