Sunday, February 17, 2013

Day 397 - Once Upon A Time

It's Sunday. I do one thing every Sunday. I sit home with mom and watch Once Upon A Time and Downton Abby. Which is exactly but what I was doing tonight. And then Anthem called. I answered, of course, and explained I was watching my show. He agreed that I could call him back, but sounded so... down about it. And I said, "Screw it, it's just a show, talk to me."

And for the next half hour I talked to the man who is becoming my best friend more and more every day. Again, laughing. Again, sharing my day, and hearing about his. Sharing our frustrations, and listening to a calm voice shed light on situations that have be baffled or so wrapped up in I'm blind sighted. A voice that loves me and values my opinions, and speaks to me gently - even when I'm wrong.

I can hulu Once Upon A Time. I can't get back the opportunity to deepen my friendship, to delight in my love. I watch Once Upon A Time to relax, of course, and enjoy some time of being mindless. Instead, I got to relax deep down to my bones and laugh and get perspective.

The end is this: sometimes, old habits are hard to break. Changes are sometimes difficult. And sometimes I'm just... willful. I'm so glad he didn't just let me go to watch my show. I'm so glad we talked. I'm so glad that every day he becomes more and more my best friend. I'm glad that every day I respect him more and more. I'm glad that I find my heart opening, to him, to myself, even to God and to my closest friends more and more each day.

I've never been happier in my whole life. Not even in the summer of 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment