Monday, February 18, 2013

Day 398 - Start Again

All sorts of new things happened in the last few weeks. Anthem and I are back together, and better than ever. I cannot believe how much things have changed. He and I... are a completely different couple than we were when we were first together. Nerdy, goofy, laid back, full of life, and honest. God is good, we are happy. I got a chest tattoo, and today, I chopped all my hair off. Literally... over 13 inches. Gone. Snip snip, bye bye. It is... weird. I look... different. But I feel... more free. 

I can't exactly hide. You'd be shocked how having short hair brings attention to your face. But it forces me to come to terms with my femininity, and not rely on long hair to do it for me. It's just... very different right now. My brain can hardly see more than "NEW". 

I'm still processing a lot of those changes. My life is changing, and I love where its going. By making these big changes... especially regarding my appearance, and doing things to please me, and being content if I am the only one pleased - I get to start again.

I get to start again with me. I get to wipe my own slate clean. I get to rethink things I have previously held true, and things I have previously held false. I get to just be me, and express my faith how I feel called to, pursue what I feel called to, without having another voice in the back of my head. And that... that is worth all the negativity anyone could throw my way. Because I'll know that I stuck my neck out there to try something new, to give myself the opportunity to start again... with myself. 

And when I start over with myself... everything changes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment