Thursday, February 21, 2013

Day 400 - Snow Day

Oh, I love it when the weathermen are right. I about died on the way home. An SUV in the opposite lane lost control, but regained it right as we passed. I darn near had a heart attack. But I made it home safe and am now home, soaking in the quiet. How different this winter is compared to those that have gone before it.

For one, while I do still love the blog and talk about how things are going or what I'm learning, I've learned to be a little more vague. Lessons are for everyone, but my private life is just that. It doesn't mean I'm hiding anything, it just means that it doesn't need to be on the internet for all time. Nor does it need the internet (not even you lovely people) to share your well informed opinions on it.

Another, I've learned that very rarely is anything what it seems. A single decision can change the dynamic of so many relationships. So I'm trying not to take anything for granted, and deal with only one day at a time. Otherwise, all of this change is overwhelming. But today... today is a good day and for it I am thankful. I am in love, I am loved, and I am at peace. Today is good. And tomorrow will handle itself.

It's a lot easier to enjoy the little things with someone else. Food is so much better when you're with someone that enjoys it as much as you. And you can try twice as many things when you have someone to help you taste. It's how I discovered curry nachos. Which blew my mind, in case you were curious. It's also how I discovered spicy dark chocolate creme brulee. Everything is better with someone who is just as enthusiastic as you by your side. It's why I love my nerd so much. He's not afraid to be excited, or to try something new, or to thoroughly enjoy something good. There are no words for how much I love that.

When you love your job, it's a lot easier to be good at it. I love my job. I do not think, "I don't want to go to work today." I occasionally wish I could be a half an hour later because I want to drink my tea, but I always want to go to work.

A lot has changed. Wonder what next year has in store. Nah. One day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment