Friday, April 26, 2013

Day 426 - Right In The Selfishness

This week has been pretty good motivation wise. I was able to stay up and moving for most of it. Today was a struggle. I did not want to go change my social security information, register my car, change my license, or anything else that involved endless amounts of paperwork and federal employees. And it was a far bigger headache than I had anticipated. It took hours and hours and hours. I was so incredibly frustrated. I had driven all over town. I had made numerous phone calls. And it'll still be a few weeks until I get my permanent license.

And at the end of all of it, I went and got some dinner because I hadn't eaten since breakfast and was so cranky I wanted to kill. Knowing Anthem  would be hungry too, I asked if he wanted something. He called and said he did, I brought it to him. He was working and couldn't take a break. So he ate it in bites as he worked.

And my level of frustration slowly started to go down. Sure. I had been given the runaround. I had driven all around town. I had been to the point of tears. But I had not been sweating, working, since 4am. And even though he had been, he woke me up early this morning just to whisper a few words, called me when he knew I'd be up to see how my morning was going, and made me feel so loved.

And my frustration was washed away in his humble sacrifice. My day was not bad at all. I get to go home to a wonderful house, cooled from the heat. I have a fridge full of food. I have a warm bed that I share with that amazing man. My day was not so bad at all. And my motivation needs to be much more. He does what he does not just for himself, but for me. So that at the end of the day, I have a house to come home to, with all the comforts I could ask for. It is time I did as much for us.

There went my every complaint, humility hit me right in the selfishness. Not my humility, though. Ha. No. Anthem's humility. He's going to be home soon and I'll be damned if he isn't going to come home to heaven on earth.

Oh, and say a prayer for me? I have my first girl friend coffee date tomorrow. Pray it goes well, I could use a girl friend that was closer than 800 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment