Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Day 424 - Priorities

Hey, you remember that time that I said I'd be blogging regularly again because it's a priority? I meant that, I really, really did. You remember that time that my marriage will always, always come first? I meant that too. James and I have been blessed with being able to spend a lot of time together the past 5 days, and so I didn't think of wasting that time by being on my computer.

Yesterday was our one month anniversary. I don't believe in month anniversaries, except the first one. When I think about what all has changed in this month... well to be honest I cannot comprehend it. But I'm at peace with it.

And I'm learning to be at peace with the fact that not everyone I love is at peace with it. I still can't find the words to explain everything to my family. And some of them are still very upset about my wedding, about my marriage. Which grieves me, but is ceasing to bother me. Not everyone will understand my marriage. Not everyone needs to understand my marriage. Nor approve of it.

It will not affect Anthem and I. Our marriage continues to grow, we continue to delight in each other, and we happily exist outside all the nay-saying. It has just ceased to bother me that others are bothered. Which is awesome. I have struggled with that my entire life. And it's incredibly liberating. It's not that I don't care about other people and how my decisions affect them; it's that I have ceased caring about how people feel about decisions that don't affect them.

So I do want to make blogging a priority. I even bought some illustrations to help me get started with short stories. So when I am quiet, know that I am off living my life with my husband, and my computer is sitting at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment