Monday, April 8, 2013

Day 415 - Stifled

Hey friends. I'm trying to keep you updated on stuff, but there's a lot I just don't know how to say. It's so very different here. And not just the grocery stores and the freeways and the mother living traffic but I'm married now. My days aren't full of just me anymore. Which is awesome because I can get a little monotonous. My days are now filled with Anthem. Who is really, really hard to put into words. And I'm just not comfortable telling you about all the things that are happening. And not because they're all sexy or bad, but because they're private and I'm not comfortable blogging about my husband.

Some things - sure. Like the other night we decided to rearrange the living room to try to make it flow better and give Anthem some more room for his music equipment. I was rearranging books and he was hanging a picture up. As he got out the hammer and starting hammering the nail into the wall, out of nowhere I pulled out my best Yzma (from The Emporer's New Groove) and said, "Or, to save on postage, I'll smash it with a hammer!!"

He stopped, looked at me, and bust up. "I love you so much."

Or how we've started saying, "It's all good, guy." In our best Jamaican accent because of an awesome cartoon called Stoked which is about Canadian surfers. It's hilarious. And on Netflix. In case you were interested.

Our days are full of randomness but they are also full of whispered conversations as we go to sleep and randomly deep conversations on mini road trips and the way he kisses my forehead... there's so much that's just for me.

I just don't want anyone to get the wrong idea that I got married and moved away and suddenly became a different person or an unhappy one or that all is not well. All is very well. All is simply very new and far too much to make into a status update.

I'm just trying to find a balance between getting used to my new life, telling you about it, and processing it all for myself. So if I seem quiet, it's just because I'm not sure what to say, or even how to say it.

No comments:

Post a Comment