Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Day 418 - The Weather Follows You Everywhere

Okay, mini blog today. The weather here seems to be just as nuts as Iowa. Don't get me wrong, the storm you guys are dealing with sucks and I don't envy you. It's supposed to be spring after all. And usually I have beautiful days full of temperatures that makes people in Iowa wish they lived here. But today started out with the pitter pat of a gentle rain that begged me to stay in bed and moderate temperatures that asked me to curl up with the internet and some cooking blogs. And then when I finally decided to crawl back upstairs to make the bed and start getting ready for the day, it starts hailing. At which point, thanks to a reminder from my thinker husband, I dash to my car and pull it under the carport. 15 minutes later and all is calm, it's just very cool outside. Mid 40's. Which for here is enough to bust out the parkas. Just kidding. They don't know what parkas are here. I know. I've been asked twice.

The mini lesson today is that going to a new place doesn't mean some things won't follow. I'm totally having a crisis of career... which I was having in Iowa except with less opportunities.

But change does help - the hail only lasted for 15 minutes instead of two days - and I have an amazingly supportive husband who just wants me to be happy and fulfilled and doesn't mind talking things out with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment