Thursday, May 3, 2012

Day One Hundred and Sixty Two - Prayer for the Third Tree

No, I'm not going to explain the title. Not entirely at least. You don't need to know where it came from, you only need to know what it means.

My prayer for the third tree is a prayer to look forward instead of back.
To reach out instead of withdraw.
To take chances instead of staying safe.
To laugh instead of cry.
To forgive instead of regret.
To hope instead of despair.
To live instead of dream of what might have been.
To be open instead of closed.
It is a prayer to trust, whatever comes. It is a plea for something more.

It is a prayer that God takes my hands, that I've made into fists, until my knuckles turned white, holding onto dreams long dead, and open them, and hold them, and give me a new dream instead.

It is a prayer for clarity, for vision, for togetherness.

It is a prayer to be free of what once was, of who I was once, and to see beyond.

It is my prayer tonight.

What's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment