Sunday, January 22, 2012

Day Sixty - Ruined

I've longed for this level of happiness, joy, and contentment in my life for as long as I can remember. This is the life I always wanted. I wake up and get to do my dream job every day. I'm not kidding. I know I talk about how much I love my job, but I was born to be in the secretary profession. But not just any secretary, a secretary that is given the power to work on behalf on the boss. A super organized right had woman. And... that's what I am. And I love it.

Let's back track for a moment. I have known this was the job I was made for since 'the plan' was laid out with Sammy in 2009. He was the big thinker. He could see exactly where he was going. But how to get there, step by step, was my forte. He made the plans, but I could pull the trigger and set them in motion. I wanted to work for that guy, because I believed in him. I believed in his vision of what could be. I believed I could make it all happen. When the plan fell apart, and Sammy left, I kept my passion for being that 'right hand woman' that could make it all work. I just needed someone that I could trust, who would trust me, and whose vision I believed in.

And that's my boss. I trust her, she trusts me, and I believe in her vision on every level. I have my dream job at 23. And because of that, because I literally have everything (sans husband) that I could want, or will soon have it, I'm just kind of in shock. Where do I go from here? There is literally nothing but room for improvement. I could use a little more money, but it's coming. And then what? I have my favorite kind of car, I have no grand ambitions so far as sq. ft. in some large house, I already eat well, and soon I'll be able to do my job while traveling to visit friends. That's right, in case I hadn't mentioned this before, all I need to do my job is a wifi signal and cell service. If I have those two things I can do my job from anywhere. California, St. Louis, Florida. You name it, I can work there. It's freaking amazing. Where do I go from here? When I'm on cloud nine already, what then?

You see, then, why I'm ruined. I can never work anywhere else, ever. Which should work out just fine because I know my boss isn't going to fire me and I know I'm not going to quit and I know that the business will never go down in a burst of flames due to corporate immorality. Just saying.

So... here's to having the ability to chase the wind at 23, and really see what comes after finding your dream job. I mean, some people don't get to where I am until they're retired. I've got a four decade lead for loving life. I don't know where I go from here, but I'm definitely excited to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment