Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Day Sixty Three - My Microcosm Needs To Settle Down

I've talked, multiple times, about how much I love being a hermit. I do. I really, really do. But lately, I feel as if I haven't been able to be one. Life has been insane, full of all sorts of ups and downs, like some roller coaster with a rebellious nature and an addiction to Red Bull. I've also had to be rather social lately and it's left me more than a little drained. My own emotions swing back and forth within me when all I want to do is take a deep breath and make a meal plan or do some data entry. I'd just... I'd like it to settle down a bit.

I love waking up with unexpected joy, and doing a happy dance when I'm able to make a decent country gravy, but really, deep down, all I want is for tomorrow and Friday and Saturday to be quiet and normal. I want to work in peace while having Anderson Cooper on in the background. I want to have my 10 o'clock tea and my fifteen minute break to read devos. I want to make my own lunch and watch something from the discovery channel. I want to send e-mails. I want to make excel files. I want to do it all in my pajamas. I have a good life, I just... would like the normalcy to enjoy it.

Even in the Rabbit Hole, sometimes we all just need a day by a bay window to do nothing but be calm. I'm only human, I can only process so much at one time and in the previous few weeks, you know there has been a lot to process. I feel like I hit my wall. My body and mind are busy and my heart is full, but there is still some part of me that is very much in need of some peace and quiet. And that little part's need has gotten incessant. Everything just seems so... loud. Opinions and emotions, deadlines, social interaction, all of it just got so loud today. I want a little quiet. A little time to rest in the peace of busy hands and a thankful (though more quiet) heart. And I know the world isn't going to quiet down. It's only been getting louder and louder since we got out of the middle ages. Maybe there is some sort of metaphorical ear muff I could employ? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

That and despite popular belief, my life has just been too unscheduled lately. Too much random, too much spontaneous, not enough constants. That, my dear friends, changes tomorrow. I highly doubt I will be doing anything that was not planned in advance until next Tuesday. For you see, next Tuesday I go to visit my brother, his wife, and their six children. There is no such thing as quiet there, and the unexpected happens every moment. But they're also really cute so it evens out.

Usually I'd come up with something neat and tidy to say, but I literally feel so out of my element I'm having trouble putting coherent sentences together. I need mythbusters, orange ginger lotion, and sleep. At least my nights are still properly scheduled.

No comments:

Post a Comment