Sunday, January 20, 2013

Day Three Hundred and Eighty Six - To Thy Own Self Be True

To thy own self be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not be false to any man.

I'm not the greatest at this. I like making people happy. A lot. And I really don't like disapproval. So doing things that I know I need to that involve upsetting other people is hard. Why yes, you're right, I've never been good at breaking up. In fact, in the past, if you look closely, all though I have ended almost every relationship, I have manipulated the guy into doing it for me. Sorry, guys.

I didn't break up with anyone today. But I did say goodbye to holding onto the past. And even though I'm freaking out right now, a little bit, because I just removed the net from my future and decided I really want to start running across the high wire. And yet... I feel calmer. I feel more relaxed. I was honest with myself.

And as selfish as it is... I did it to just be true to myself. I... I need someone who gets me. Who shares my passions, the same way he needs someone who shares his. I need someone who shares my faith. Not just Christianity, but the way I choose to live it out. I'm understanding that more and more. And for heaven's sake my humor. I need someone who understands why I laugh so hard I cry at the most random things, and knows how to make me laugh. Someone who... I can trust with my heart, my mind, my body, and my soul.

So as hard as it was, I said goodbye. And will not be wavering. But that isn't the only change I will be making... Stay tuned, guys. This is gonna get interesting.


No comments:

Post a Comment