Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Day Three Hundred and Eighty Three - Giving Into Girly

Fun fact: sometimes girls just need to cry. We have irrational urges to deal with stress in our own, unique, estrogen filled ways and one of those is to just cry. I've been fighting this irrational urge for days. I woke exhausted, and have pushed and pushed myself through the day. I finally hit 5pm and just... well I started crying in relief.

I'm thankful that I live with my mom, and when I explained to her that I've just been exhausted and anxious for days, she just let me and didn't need to ask any questions. She just sat next to me and let it go because she said, "It's a girl thing. You need to and you'll feel better when you're done." And so I cried, and watched Bones and sipped tea for about an hour. And felt better.

I mean... as if a weight had been lifted up my chest and the past two days were completely erased. I feel like I can breathe for the first time in two days. After just getting it all out, how overwhelmed I've felt, how tired, how sad, and just expressed it, I'm a whole new woman. Whose going to bed very early tonight. And going to make some salads for mom and I to have for lunch the next few days.

And mostly... try to remember that next time I feel like crying to just cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment