Saturday, January 12, 2013

Day Three Hundred and Seventy Nine - Sing So Sweet

Daniella Mason.  If you have never heard of her, click on the link and give it a listen. Especially "Walk Beside Me". I'm fairly sure I'm going to walk down the aisle to that song. I love the lyrics. But what's more - I love how I feel when I sing that song. That's right. When I belt it out in my car. I like how her tone seems to resonate through me and changes me as it moves. I like how her voice never seems to strain but I can feel her heart crying and yet exulting in hope at the same time. I like how when I'm done I feel a little bit drained because I actually expressed myself, and I like how I feel a little energized because I actually expressed myself.

How do you express yourself? Words were always my thing, and they're still my primary mode of expression. But I like what I'm learning about singing. And how I feel when I do. I want to learn more, and try more, and sing all sorts of different things. There is something in a song that cannot be in words alone. There is something I cannot define but that is so heartbreakingly beautiful about it. Words. Singing. What else? How do you do it?

No comments:

Post a Comment