Monday, January 7, 2013

Day Three Hundred and Seventy Four - The Rest Of My Life

All from day Three Hundred and Seventy Three being said... I feel incredibly free. Free to discover all sorts of things. Free to fall in love with a new book, a new series, a new style, a new verse, a new life. A new me. Or the same me, just... freer. And more aware of who I am and how awesome that girl really is. Well... how awesome that woman really is. 

That might seem conceited if you're new to the blog but it's actually a huge breakthrough. It's okay to like who you are. It's okay to love who you are. Don't worry. It doesn't feed into my pride. I know I'm still a sinner that relies entirely on grace and frankly does not understand why God loves me so much. But He still made me. And sin nature aside... And God in me accepted... I'm a catch. 

The real thing of it all is... regardless of love life, family, or friends... I have to spend the rest of my life with me. I really want to spend the rest of my life with someone I like. I have to be in my head all the time. And sometimes... I'm a big cry baby. Sometimes... I'm a victim when I shouldn't be. Sometimes... I think too much, wait too long, talk myself out of doing things I should and into doing things I shouldn't. Sometimes... I'm too lazy. But I'm working on those. Cause I have to live with me all the time. And I'm still young (despite feeling ancient some days) and still have everything in front of me. Literally. Everything. Every choice I make decides who I'm going to be tomorrow. And I've realized that. And when I remember that during the day, I genuinely try to actively form myself into who I want to be, and be true to who I already am. 

Everything is in front of you too. And your life is (mostly) the result of your choices. Embrace that. Embrace the power that you have to change your own life. Embrace the power to change who you are - or to embrace who you are instead of letting the world change it. Just... join me. In taking the power back. 

Because I don't have to deal with you for the rest of my life. Some of you... I sure as hell hope I get to. But you don't have to deal with me either. We just have to deal with ourselves. And we never get a break from being in our own heads. So... let's make it a more enjoyable place to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment