Thursday, December 8, 2011

Day Fifteen - I Have A Question

Yes, this is a question blog for two reasons. One: I really don't feel well and I'm going to bed as soon as I am done typing this. Two: I'm genuinely curious. I happened to watch a How I Met Your Mother episode about it, and it's happening in my life this weekend. 

How do you feel about having an ex at your wedding? Be you future bride or future groom or uninvited ex (that'd be me in this situation) what do you think is the proper procedure for dealing with them at weddings? 

Special bonus points: What if the ex also happens to be a good friend? 

3 comments:

  1. I think it depends on the severity of the ex. If they were just a fling-ish ex, not as big of a deal as an ex that you also thought you might marry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know of three guys that I have had a relationship with (though one of them was never official, and even then lasted a whole week) will not be invited. One because he hates my guts, the other two because they're insane. Not proud of that week.

    Anyway, but there are a number of guys that I've had relationships, albeit short or unofficial, but that ended up becoming really good friends. And I want to dance with them at my wedding, and remember all the good times. Because they're not a threat, there is no unresolved business there. They're just friends that I happened to have made out with... maybe a few times. They're still coming. And I'm going to be okay with his exes too because he's not marrying them. He's marrying me. Even if he's still friends with half of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ??? Why are you concerned about this now? Are you planning your wedding anytime soon or is this a random thought you feel needs to be addressed? My opinion is to be clear on your motives for inviting the "Ex"... it's not just about you, all tho it is your day, his presence could have an adverse effect on other people...

    ReplyDelete