Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Day Twenty Seven - Start New

1) I realize now that I will actually start having to schedule time for these. But that's gonna start happening after Christmas, so until then you, my dear reader, will have to deal with short and sweet.

2) Sometimes, things are broken beyond repair. No amount of gorilla glue is going to fix your iPhone. That baby is busted. And to a certain extent, even sending it back to the manufacturer isn't going to solve your problem. There are some things that simply cannot be fixed. You have to get a new one.

I guess that's my thought for the day. Because like expensive phones, relationships can be smashed beyond repair as well. When everything lays in pieces around you, you know that there is no getting that thing back. It will never be what it was. But that doesn't mean you have to give up.

When you send in your trashed phone, (I hope this next part is true for the sake of my analogy) they take the non broken parts and put them into other phones. It gets refurbished. And sent back to you. It's not the same phone you had, but its darn close. I think sometimes that's the only way for a shattered relationship to survive. It can never be exactly what it once was. But it can still be something wonderful if both parties are willing to start new, and accept changes. Let go of what was broken, hold onto to what still works, and see if you both can't forgive and... start new.

That's my deep thought for the day. My eyes stopped focusing about halfway through writing this so sorry for any spelling errors. I swear, if tomorrow is anything like today you'll be lucky to get a cute picture with a caption.

No comments:

Post a Comment