Friday, December 23, 2011

Day Twenty Nine - Just When You Need It

As usual, I didn't realize how much I needed tonight until it happened. Tonight I got to rock out to some old music with my bestie and remember all of the reasons we are a perfect fit. Mostly because we're sarcastic enough to keep each other in check. She can see in my blind spots and I in hers.

It was the perfect mix of saucy and sweet. And once again, God has shown His provision and care. I have no doubt that the night was carefully orchestrated to be exactly what I needed, and exactly what she needed as well, even though anyone looking in would have thought that we'd completely lost our minds. It was for us.

A last night, of sorts. Not that we won't see each other again or have our girl's night, but she's in a committed relationship that is headed right towards a proposal and soon I'll have to really, honestly share her. It won't ever be quite the same as it is right now, and tonight was a great send off as we both start new chapters in our lives. The places and people in our lives may stay the same, but we won't be.

No comments:

Post a Comment