Friday, December 30, 2011

Day Thirty Seven - There Has To Be A Trick

a) I'm exhausted and have so much work to do this weekend it makes my brain hurt. I would have preferred to keep working tonight, but when your eyes start to blur, data entry isn't exactly an option.

b) so I thought to myself, I need a quick blog. What was sparkly about today? Waking up.

c) I got so little sleep last night I'm amazed I was able to call it 'waking up' this morning since I'm fairly sure I was never truly asleep. And yet, when I did indeed wake up, I woke up more refreshed than I have in weeks. There must be a trick that I'm missing. Something that I did last night that I haven't been doing. I know the trick isn't staying up until 3am, I know it isn't sleeping in a bed with someone (it was a girl and it was for mutual warmth and protection), but I don't know what it was. Was it the deep chat we had in front of the fire? Was it the two hours of giggles and whispers as we fell asleep? Was it secrets shared? Was it secrets learned? Was it the silence of the country? Was it the knowledge that I literally couldn't be working because there was no internet signal and thusly could fully relax? I don't have any idea, let alone any real way to experiment to try and narrow them down. Any thoughts here people? I could use your help on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment