Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Day Three Hundred and Fifty Five - Snuggle

I don't know how to snuggle through Skype. I am not in the mood to talk. I need to communicate, and be communicated with in other ways today. I need to feel his touch and smell his skin and lean into him. I need a kiss. On the forehead. On the nose. On the lips. I need my hands to be entwined with his. 

And can't. No words can give what we need. Words are my thing. It's how I communicate best. It's how I hear, best. But when my words run dry... I need something deeper to fill me up again. And I'm discovering that touch is that deeper way of communicating. 

It's hard to lie with touch. I've been learning that. What you say with touch becomes the truth. When you touch gently, your heart settles. When you snuggle into someone, your heart snuggles too. It's hard to mask desire, it's hard to mask hesitation. It's just honesty. It's what I have when the words run out, or when they don't come out just right. 

And it's more than enough. I will always need words. I have to talk. I have to be talked to. But I'm learning that perhaps the reason I need to talk SO much is because it's the only form of communication I've used... pretty much ever. I don't... I'm not good at communicating with touch. I feel as if I don't communicate with it very well. But then I think about how well Anthem communicates with it... how safe he makes me feel, how wanted, how cherished. And I think about how good it feels when Anthem tries to use words the way I do. So... even if I stumble my way through it at first, I want to try anyway. 

And can't. Anyone have any ideas how to communicate through touch when you're 800 miles away?

No comments:

Post a Comment