Saturday, November 3, 2012

Day Three Hundred and Forty One - Insomnia

I've never slept well with people. Ever since Tiffany (love you Tiffers, but it's true) who liked to kick the crap out of me in her sleep, I really just sleep better alone. Always have. At sleepovers, I was always the one that took the couch or the chair or the floor, because you get to sleep alone. I just had no desire to share a bed. Well. Until now.

And here's the thing. Anthem and I haven't slept together (both versions of the word, just to be clear.). But we haven't slept in the same bed. Yet I have become an insomniac over the last few weeks. And I know it's because I'll only sleep well next to him. That's... where I belong. Next to him. And it's going to be a while until I get to spend my nights next to him. So... basically I've signed up for months and months of insomnia because I gave my heart away and it changed me. 

It's worth it but... it sucks. I'm so tired. Even as tired as I am, I realize how incredible it is that my heart has changed so much that it's affecting my habits from halfway across the country. That... that's something special. 

No comments:

Post a Comment