Thursday, November 8, 2012

Day Three Hundred and Forty Four - Cherished

I am beginning to understand why marriage is the symbol of God's love for us. Perfect love casts out fear. It also wipes a past clean away. Last night, I was having a conversation with my other half about our pasts. I kept bothering him to tell me everything. He didn't want to tell and I didn't want to tell because both of us were afraid. He was afraid I  would look at him differently. However, when asked if it would change my love for him, I could easily and fully say no. The man I am in love with is an amazing, man of God. His past neither determines his future or him. It certainly does not determine my love for him. I love him because who he is inside inspires me. I know if I let fear get a hold of me, I cannot fully love him for him. Suddenly, his past would torment and bother me. But I know with God's blessing and help fear will have no place in our future.

Fear is an ugly, nasty thing. I finally told him about my fears and we faced them together. Amazingly, he does look at me differently. He looks at me with more love and tenderness than before.  My favorite part: the way he looks at me is starting to help me understand how God looks at me.
I am cherished.
He is cherished.
Fear has no place.

No comments:

Post a Comment