Saturday, November 10, 2012

Day Three Hundred and Forty Six - Home

"It feels so good to be home."

I cannot tell you the number of times that I have said that in my life. As a rather frequent traveler, it's always been true. I love my adventures. I love being home. As most of you know, I spent the last five days with Anthem. And now, due to living in different states, I'm back where I started. Iowa. But I'm not home.

Home is where Anthem is. That is more true than ever. I flew away from home. I don't even know for certain when the next time I get to be home is. I'm going to be homesick for weeks at least. And I hate it and it makes me sort of pouty.

However, God in His infinite wisdom, has placed a purpose on my heart that was not there before. He took an idea and made it real. I do miss Anthem with every part of me. My body aches to feel his arms around me, my hands are all twitchy because they can't get comfortable without his, I'm freezing without having his constant heat source of a body around, and everything just feels off without him. But there are some things that need to get done before we live in the same state. Quite a few of them, actually. Things that I can totally do to make the transition that much easier.

I guess the purpose of tonight's blog is simply this: instead of wallowing, find a way to prepare for what you want. I want Anthem in my life permanently. So I'm going to work toward that. Don't get me wrong, I'm still going to cry my eyes out now and then from gut wrenching longing, but I'm determined not to wallow. Instead I'll work.

One does nothing but make me feel wretched. The other gets ready for awesome. And when I look at it that way, the choice is easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment