Thursday, November 22, 2012

Day Three Hundred and Fifty Six - Hard Learned Truths

I hate liquid eyeliner. It does make my eyes pop, but it's so annoying and smudges all the time, and looks so dramatic. Not really my style. Not every day.

When it comes to comfort vs. style, I do believe there is a middle ground. If I'm going to be walking all day, I'm wearing sneakers so my feet stay comfortable, and can look good doing it. I'm not saying let's pull a 4am run to walmart wardrobe or anything, but why get blisters on my feet just to wear flats instead of sneakers?

I'm still finding my style, but it has absolutely nothing to do with the 80's. Not musically. Not in the clothing world. Nothing. I do not care how 'in' it is, or how its making a comeback. I think it's ugly.

I never want to live near the Bayou.

I am going to have a Laney puppy.

I do not have to say yes all the time. It is my right to say no when I want to. And I do not have to give a reason why. And if I do, you don't have to understand, or agree that it is a good reason to say no.

I eat erratically and enjoy it so much. I eat things that do not look good because they taste amazing. Presentation is not my strong suit, and I'm okay with that.

I live so far under the poverty line, I can't see it when I look up. And... I want for nothing. I have plenty of food, a warm home, great friends, and enough money to buy yarn for projects. Sure, I'd like to have more than just enough, and be able to get a house (and pay a mortgage) someday, but having lived on so little, my heart simply cannot imagine having so much more than I need and not giving it away to those who need it more than me, or will do better things with it than me. My most precious possessions will always be my books, my knowledge, my experience, my friends, my family, and my faith. And that's the way I like it.

I have big dreams, that have a lot of little steps. I have no desire to be famous, only to live well where I am known.

I'm an introvert. That is never going to change, and me not liking people I don't know hugging me is not something I need to get over. Extroverts: please get a clue - not everyone wants to touch you or be touched by you. It is possible to be loved from afar.

I prefer staying in to going out. It's a better use of my resources. Sleepovers will always win over girls night out. See above for explanation.

I would very much like to marry a husker fan. Or at least someone who understands why I love football.

I want someone who sees my mind and heart first, and appreciates my looks, not the other way around.

I am not wrong all the time, some people are just really stubborn.

I love a little too easily. But I really like that I keep trying.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Due Thanksgiving not being on the same day every year, I think it's about 4 days off but I started this blog last year on Thanksgiving. Thanks for sticking with me for a whole year!

No comments:

Post a Comment