Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Day Three Hundred and Forty Nine - Yes If Willing

This is neither the first time nor the last time I'm going to blog about prayer. It's such a complicated subject for me. Some days, I swear it does a whole lot of nothing (which is a greater commentary on my faith than my God to be honest). Other days, I swear it does the opposite of whatever I pray for. Which, again, has more to do with what I think I want vs. what I actually need. And then, on very rare days, He answers very quietly, and very clearly.

Saturday, I started praying for money. I know it seems like a strange request but... well I need it. I want to get married and move into a place and all of that requires money and I don't have any. At all. But here's the thing I love about God. As much as I would LOVE a check to show up on my doorstep, that's not exactly how it works most of the time. But He did indeed answer. As soon as I called my boss, she asked me to work hours that I wasn't scheduled for. The next day, she asked me to work an extra 7 hours. Then she asked me to work 4 hours the next day on my day off. I went from having a 24 hour week to a 40 hour week. Which... is definitely more money than before I prayed.

I like this sort of answered prayer, because it's sort of a litmus test for how much I really want the thing I prayed for. How much do I really want the money if I'm not willing to work for it? He gave me the opportunity to make more money, and I said yes. And I'm thankful. That extra 16 hours will really help.

In the end, I know He hears me; I just wish I could always see the method to His madness, to use one of my favorite sayings.

No comments:

Post a Comment