Monday, November 26, 2012

Day Three Hundred and Sixty Five - Extroverts *shakes fist*

Listen up my extroverted friends! I love you guys. You guys are wonderful. You complete me and I appreciate all of social-ness you bring to my life. Such excitement. Such energy!

That being said: Stop. Please stop. Honest to goodness just stop. I know when you feel down you just want to get out there and have a good time. And you know I feel down and want to make me feel better. But that's not what makes me feel better. I'm an introvert. I want to stay in, and do quiet things. I love you, and all you add to my life, but can we just tone it down a bit?

Honestly guys, I'm exhausted. I've been stretched, pushed, taken out of my comfort zone, and grown. Now, now my dear, dear loud friends, I'm going to go spend some time in my comfort zone. In my quiet, peaceful comfort zone. Because to be really honest... I'm starting to question whether or not all this need to get me out of my comfort zone was really just you not wanting to leave yours.

Is it just me or does that seem strange to anyone else? It's always the extroverts saying, "This is for your own good." and "Get out of your comfort zone." and "Being so afraid of touch is something you'll outgrow."

No. No, I won't. Why do you guys need to touch each other all of the time!? Touch isn't something I'm afraid of, it's something that I find to be incredibly intimate and thusly don't like to share with strangers. It's not for my own good, it's because extroverts like to touch each other. I've been out of my comfort zone for months trying to fit into the extroverted world. And I don't. And I'm done pretending that I do. Or that I want to. And now, for once, I know what I need better than you do. And I need some peace and quiet. Come join me in introverted land or understand that it's going to be a while before I join you in extroverted land.

No comments:

Post a Comment