Monday, November 12, 2012

Day Three Hundred and Forty Eight - Short Fuse

I worked all day today. And it's only the first of many. Starting in December I'll be working 70 hour weeks for a few weeks at least, and when it dies down it'll still be 60 hour weeks. I've got to learn how to handle my stress better and not bring it home because tonight when I started Skyping with Anthem, we were at each other's throats within minutes. I wasn't trying to push his buttons and he wasn't trying to push mine, we were both just crabby because we had long days and missed each other. I don't want to come home with a short fuse.

Because even though a half an hour ago we were at each other's throats, just spending the last half hour looking at him and talking to him, even though some of it was snippy, has relaxed me to the point of being ready for sleep. He makes my day, every day. And when I come home, I'm determined to remember that. I'm determined to cherish him, even when I'm exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment