Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Day Eighty Four - I am Mardi Gras

I've never liked the idea of Mardi Gras. I mean it came about because of a holy holiday. Lent. I like lent. I like the idea of lent. But now, few remember lent, and Mardi Gras has become its own holiday of gluttony.

But here's the thing: I am Mardi Gras. Anytime I want to give something up, I inevitably gorge myself on whatever it is I want to give up.

When I wanted to quit smoking - I smoked and smoked until I got sick and THEN gave it up.

When I wanted to quit drinking - I gave it a good bye binge.

And now, when I want to really cut back both my video game usage and TV watching I find myself gorging on it. I can't get enough. I must watch ALL THE TV! And play ALL THE GAMES!

Is it just me? Anyone else do this? Anyone beat this in the past? I mean, it seems to work in a weird way. I don't smoke and I don't drink anymore. I just... am not quite ready. Give me another few days of gorging and then maybe it'll be easier.

*sigh* Will I ever be good at self control?

No comments:

Post a Comment