Friday, February 3, 2012

Day Seventy Two - Routine and Silence

Oh. My. Heavens.

Internet, how I have missed you! I almost got teary eyed when I had my usual six tabs up and running at the same time. I had limited internet at my brother's, but just enough to send work e-mails. Now, now I have Netflix back. And pinterest! And facebook! All at the same time!

And silence. Glorious silence! The only sound in my house in the early morning is that of coffee dripping and eggs being fried. That is how one wakes up. At least when one is single. There is no need to wake up to, "MOOOOOOOOOM! JT TOOK MY BLANKET AND WON'T GIVE IT BACK!" until you have committed yourself to marriage and popped that thing out. Then you deserve it. Me? I get coffee and eggs. And silence. And the news on volume level 5 and I can still hear it because its quiet.

I loved my time away, I loved to see my nieces and nephews and cuddle on them (especially the older ones who do not like Aunt kisses or hugs anymore and so I have to chase and tackle them). I loved being able to talk to my sister in law for literal days. But I can't say it isn't nice to be home. Back to my living room, back to my job, back to my mugs and my tea and my bed and my mythbusters and my bible and my shower. (Showers made for tall people...no.) I like things my way. Even just being on my lap top, able to finally focus on work felt good.

Routine and silence, while you may not be my lovers forever, you are for now, and I promise, until the day we part ways, which I doubt will be ever for I will always love you, though I may love someone else more, I promise I will not take you for granted and will thank the good God in heaven for giving you to me.

Oh and also: IT'S SNOWING! Tomorrow I will wake up to a world that looks EXACTLY like a sparkling marshmallow. What a brilliant way to start a Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment