Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Day Ninety One - Struttin'

Today, I went on a walk. I haven't gone on a walk in... well numbers are numbers. It's been a long time. That's not the point. The point remains that I haven't spent a great deal of time walking (I have a tendency to be extremely lazy at every given opportunity.) and so haven't really taken any time to think about walking. (I promise there is a point.) 

The point is this: my walk has changed. The way in which I walk, without ever giving it any conscious though, has changed. 

About a month ago I was told that an old friend of mine, "Was completely different. Even the way he carried himself was different. The change was extraordinary." I didn't really understand. I mean, did he fix his posture or what? I'm assuming he didn't shrink, so his stride should have remained the same. I didn't get it.

Until today. I walk differently. The way I carry myself is different. Though I've always had great posture, I was always incredibly withdrawn. I didn't want to make eye contact, my head was down, my stride was short and quick. Today, it was not. My stride was leisurely, confident. My head was up, I made eye contact. I am different. Noticeably different. 

As to what that means, I have no idea. I don't even think its incredibly significant. I just... wanted to tell someone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment