Thursday, February 23, 2012

Day Ninety Two - 3 Minute Increments

What if life were lived in 3 minute increments? Sometimes, 3 minutes takes forever (namely every time I heat water for my tea). I can go from my room, to the living room, type up an e-mail, and go back into the kitchen and I still have a minute fifty seconds. I swear, if I lived my whole life in the 3 minute increments of waiting for water to boil I could solve world hunger in a little under a week.

And yet at other times, I swear according to the clock it took me 3 minutes to blink. If I lived my whole life in that particular time frame, I'd be six feet under in a manner of hours.

I think the problem is often that I don't pay attention to the passing of time. And at twenty three, who does? But maybe if I did, it wouldn't slip through my fingers so easily.

It's just a thought during this Lenten time.

P.S. Adam, make fun of lent one more time, and I'm going to punch you. It actually means something to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment