Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Day Ninety - A Sonnet For My Bestie

My best friend never reads this blog, but I couldn't find any peace until I wrote this for her. I hope one day she reads it. I hope one day she understands.

For Petey

When I was blind, you saw for me. When I
gave up, you fought for me. Every time I
cried my eyes dry, you sang for me. Don't sigh
now, my vision, my fighter, my song. My

sight has returned as yours has gone, be still, 
I will see for you. On the brink of all
you've known, I will pull you back, if you will
let me near. Take my hand. Dry your eyes. Call

and know that you are heard. Angel on earth,
have faith in the joy flowing from my 
eyes to my heart, reflecting all you're worth. 
Whole, free, lovely, and loved well, please try

to see the gift in loss, the good in pain,
the love in never again feeling shame. 

No comments:

Post a Comment