Monday, February 6, 2012

Day Seventy Five - Mom, I love you.

I could sit and write lists about how much and why I love my mother until the end of time. And in the next 925 days probably will. But not today. Today, I have one single, simple story to tell you.

As any of you that read yesterday's post, it was a rough night. Today wasn't much better, but today was recovery. Every single muscle in my body is still aching. I didn't sleep at all, just tossed and turned for hours. I woke up, mostly, around 7:30 as my mom was leaving the house, and promptly fell into the only decent half an hour of sleep I got all night, in which I had a dream that she had walked right back into the house and said, "You know what, I decided to take a sick day and stay home with you."

Let me tell you, I was elated. I was so comforted that she would be home with me all day. Her presence and company are wonderful aids to any ill. I was so disappointed when I woke up it was all I could do not to cry. Whoever your person is, whether it be mom or sister or friend or brother, take the time to let them know. Especially if you're a man and struggle with that stuff. Just do it. Cause I know I won't get to have my mom around my whole life, at least for her sake I hope not. And I wouldn't want her to doubt for a second that she was cherished every minute I have her near me.

No comments:

Post a Comment