Monday, February 13, 2012

Day Eighty Two - 9:00am Epiphany Right On Time

Good morning, tea. Good morning, snow. Good morning leftover apple turnover. Good morning scarf in my cold apartment. Good morning epiphany.

I stress waaaaay too much. About things that honestly don't matter. Not in the grand scheme of things. Little things consume my whole mind for the whole day. From rising to sleeping, I am constantly occupied by SHIT THAT DOESN'T MATTER. And I've had enough. My poor, worried heart has had enough.

Granted, nothing is deserving of my stress. Who am I to think my stress matters? Who am I to think that I can somehow accomplish anything on my own? I digress. The point is that the TRULY important hasn't even gotten my attention. I've been coasting on 'daily life' and going nowhere. Screw this.

Lord let my feet hit the ground running. There is much for me to do if I will just let go of my desire to be 'normal' and let go of this average American life and embrace that there is so much more than this. That there is so much more beneath the surface. There are people to love and people to serve and a whole life of fulfillment that has nothing to do with big screens and everything to do with bent knees. In silent surrender is there life to be found! In careful study! In whimsical wanderings.

Enough. Life is too short to be spent idly watching. It is too short to be spent doing anything but soaking it all in. I'm aware I cannot be awake every moment, or even fully aware, but I can try. I've wasted too much of my life on things that never mattered. No more. No more.

Join me in this. Put the remote down. Pick up a book that is edifying to your soul. Why do we insist on living as if time isn't precious? As if people don't matter as much as a program? As if we will never die? As if there isn't a goal?

Oh hey look... There is a Piper book. And a high lighter. Guess I know what I'm going to be doing today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment