Monday, April 23, 2012

Day One Hundred and Fifty Two - Roll With It

This week is going to be messed up. I accepted that at 5am when I was burning CD's for work that had to be done by 9:30am and I knew I wasn't going to wake up and get them done. I've already put in 11 hours today and am nowhere close to done. I will work tomorrow until everything is finished and then probably collapse. I will take Wed and Thurs mostly off and then work at my other job Friday and Saturday. It's a very off week.

But it would have been pointless to fight it. To try and regain my usual schedule would have been pointless. I was up til 5:30am, to wake up at 8 or even 9 and try to function normally would have led to nothing but a day wasted by exhausted lethargy. Instead, I accepted the fact that I was up til 5, that my job, while needing me to log a lot of hours, really could wait until noon if I was willing to accept that I'd be working late that night. And I could. A lot less lethargy, a lot more productivity.

And tomorrow is probably going to function much the same way. Late night tonight, late morning tomorrow, late night tomorrow. It happens. My life rarely happens on my schedule. And when there is no real need for things to happen the way I imagined they would - then the best thing for me to do is roll with it.

There are enough battles to be won in life that we must save our energy for the ones that matter. When life shakes it up, the best thing to do is roll with it. Chances are you'll end up on top. Fight it and you'll end up exhausted and beneath the weight of it.

Oh and one more thing: when the waves of change come realize them for the opportunities to escape the mundane that they are. There will always be time for schedules. But each wave of change comes only once.

No comments:

Post a Comment