Monday, April 9, 2012

Day One Hundred and Thirty Eight - Hopping The Fence

Well, the extended title really should be 'hopping the fence and analyzing less' but Blogger gets frustrated with my long titles anyway.

The real truth of the matter is that I am an over analyzer. Always have been, but hope to someday not be. At least not to the level that I've been in the past. It's just... not healthy. At all. And one of the many manifestations of my obsessive analyzing has been to rather constantly tell people what to do. The point isn't that I'm usually right or that people almost never listen to me, it's that it's not my problem what other people do. Sometimes... we have to hop the wrong fence and make our own mistakes, despite what anyone may say. I am not responsible for what other people do, and frankly while I may occasionally have some solid advice, most of the time I'm thinking in broad generalities that are meant to keep others from getting hurt but do absolutely nothing for life experiences, beautiful mistakes, or the deep necessity of being human and finding your own way.

Which ties nicely into me, finding my own way, and trying to be less analytical of myself. Sometimes... we just have to ride things out. Really, I'm sort of proud of myself. I'm in a situation currently that I did not expect myself to be in currently because I haven't been in it in a long time and I had sort of given up hope. That's the only hint you're getting if you were expecting me to explain more. But the thing is... in the past I would have been analyzing it to death, and worse, trying to manipulate it by any possible means. Now... now I'm trying really hard to just go with the flow, and more importantly, am not manipulating anything, but just being myself. And being real about who I am. Giant leaps.

So no, I have no idea where this particular circumstance is going to take me. I have no idea where I'll end up. I have no idea where you'll end up, or where each choice will take you. And that's okay. Cause we'll both learn our way through this life and make the best of it. And we'll be okay in the end, so long as we never stop moving.

So although I don't really recommend this last sentence for anyone who isn't a rather extreme introvert with an overly complex inner dialogue, for those of you more like me, let's do it. Less thinking, more doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment