Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Day One Hundred and Forty - Lord I Don't Know

"Lord I don't know where all this is going, or how it all works out. Lead me to peace that is past understanding, a peace beyond all doubt. Oh Lord, You are the Author, redeeming what's been done. You hold us in the present, and all that is to come." - Newsboys

This song has been on my heart tonight, because confusion keeps pressing its way in. Just when I think I've made a decision, another reminder of the past sneaks its way back in. But I'm not confused tonight, not anymore. Because nothing is going to shake my focus. And my focus is Jesus. And He is the God of all peace. And that's what I need right now, peace. I need Jesus, the rest will handle itself in due time.

I don't know what the next step is, and frankly I can't think ahead further than tomorrow. I'm still trying to figure out how to be competent at two jobs and figure out that life schedule. And tomorrow is a big day, there is much to be done for work and for the daily grind of life. But so long as I'm looking to Jesus, I know He's going to direct my footsteps. I don't have to know what's coming, or (for the overly analytical brain) how to properly react to all of the various scenarios that could indeed play out. I don't have to. That is not a worry of today. Today, I rest in the peace of my Jesus knowing that He'll lead me.

Tomorrow, I shall do the same. And day by day, step by step, He'll get me to where He wants me. Taking His way. One step at a time. Seeking Him first in all things.

Now if I can only remember that come morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment