Sunday, April 1, 2012

Day One Hundred and Thirty - Good To Be Home

I have loved this weekend. It was a taste of a family not my own, of a life that might some day be. If I ever had kids, that is. If I do, I hope they're a lot like the kids who I was with most of the weekend. They are amacingly cool. But I admit, I am exhausted. I cannot keep up with kids that seem to run solely on jet fuel. I'm thankful for the experience, for being able to be a part of this family's life for the weekend.

But I'm also thankful to be home. I loved just walking in the door. Yes, I need to do laundry. Yes, I need to clean. And since I made dinner, yes, I need to do dishes. But I am so glad to be home. My bed is so familiar, it beckons me even now. My house smells like... my house. And its comforting. I have missed being home.

I wasn't always like this. I used to be an adventuring soul. I used to roam freely. I was a fearless creature. Home was not a luxury I needed. But somewhere, somehow along the way, I changed. I became something... different. Quieter. Drawn to home and familiarity. Less adventurous. I still long for adventure, I do. But without people like the OSM, even my adventures would be carefully planned. I'm glad that they're helping me be more spontaneous, laid back, and willing to just go with the flow. But I'm really glad the lesson is over for the week, too. Some lessons can't be learned in a day. Some things can't be taught in a day. But slowly... maybe they'll help me find the adventurer inside me again. And maybe, just maybe, there is a perfect compromise of a home body and an adventurer. Hey, a girl can hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment