Thursday, April 5, 2012

Day One Hundred and Thirty Four - I Am Not Special

And neither are you.

Sometimes we all get it in our heads, especially in this culture, where everyone is a unique snowflake, that for one reason or another we are exempt from the rules. But we're not. And I'm really, really glad I'm not.

I'm really glad I am not special, and that Jesus' sacrifice pays for my sins too, I am forgiven.

I'm really glad that I am not special, and that when the bible says something, it is indeed talking to me.

I'm really glad that I'm not special, and that Jesus has felt everything I have before, and has won every battle for me.

I'm really glad that I'm not special, that I, like every other person who has ever and will ever live, am desperately loved by a wonderful God who shows His tender mercy each day, for no other reason than He loves me. I am really glad that I am not so special so as to be outside of that love and pursuit.

You aren't special either. Isn't that awesome!?

No comments:

Post a Comment