Friday, April 20, 2012

Day One Hundred and Forty Eight - Because...

Because I am beautiful. Because I am strong. Because I am weak. Because I am graceful. Because I have found grace. Because I love. Because I love you. Because my smile spreads. Because I am so full of life I cannot help but burst with it. Because I am peaceful. Because I am understanding. Because I understand you. Because I am beautiful. Because I am lovely. Because I am unforgettable. Because there is no other me. Because my socks never match. Because I love hammocks. Because when you're with me nothing else matters. Because I am a fighter. Because I am loyal. Because I never fully let go. Because I love God. Because I chase Him. Because my hair always smells good. Because I have overcome. Because I'm not running anymore. Because I can write what you think. Because I am more than the sum of my parts. Because I can cook a wicked shepherd's pie. Because my shoes are still broken. Because my car is a place outside of this world. Because I hold the key to my bridge. Because no matter where I take you it's a place you want to go. Because I have loved and lost. Because I have grown. Because I will chase His glory to my death. Because I can swing dance. Because I stress cook. Because I crochet. Because I like mythbusters, eureka, and warehouse 13. Because I like to watch you play video games. Because I am small. Because I am frail. Because I am unbreakable. Because I learned. Because I broke. Because I never gave up. Because I stand tall. Because I am sweet. Because I am sarcastic. Because I cry. Because I sing... decently. Because I make the ordinary extraordinary. Because I make the mundane sparkle. Because I am honest. Because I dance. Because I rock out in my car to remade disney pop songs. Because I clam up when in big groups. Because I have snarky comments that no one ever hears. Because I love eminem. Because I love beauty and the beast. Because I can form theology out of my love of Zelda. Because I cannot get a tan. Because I love tattoos. Because my hair is never down. Because I think Matt Chandler sounds like John Malcovich. Because I listen to Mark Driscoll when I do dishes. Because I hate dishes with a fiery, all consuming passion. Because I'm failing at growing an herb garden. Because I can see. Because I forgive. Because I am so much more than the girl you used to know.

Because I am His gift to you.

That is why you will love me. That is why you will find me, chase me, and love me forever. That is why I wait for you. Because you are His gift to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment