Friday, April 20, 2012

Day One Hundred and Forty Nine - Stupid Tired

I sleep. A lot. More than the average person. And when I don't... I get stupid. Like right now. Two days in a row with less than 6 hours. That is all it takes to get me drunk tired. Stumbling tired. Can't see straight tired. Want to cuddle tired.

But there is no getting around it, each late night was totally worth it. Thursday I was up with my buddy and getting the time alone in the car I needed. Yesterday was spent getting to know a new person. Both nights were fantastic and deeply needed. Both nights left me short of sleep. Which has led us to this: me being so tired I'm literally dumber. 

The lesson is simple: sometimes you have to do things that are good, necessary, and exhausting. And then you're exhausted. It's okay. It's just being tired. Never, ever regret doing something that a good night's sleep can fix. 

No comments:

Post a Comment