Friday, April 6, 2012

Day One Hundred and Thirty Five - Relaxation Is Not A Spectator Sport

This is something I am truly starting to discover. Relaxation is not a spectator sport. For me at least, it requires action. It requires action at whatever rate I choose, because it is supposed to be relaxing, but watching TV and cruising facebook and pinterest doesn't actually relax me. Making food, taking a shower, reading a book, talking with friends, doing laundry, all of those things relax me. But they're all active, they're all me doing something. Sometimes, I do just need to zone out for a little bit, and TV is nice for that. But it's not a relaxationtechnique, it's a numbing agent.

Relaxation is about doing, it's just about doing what you want to be doing at your own pace. Don't confuse lethargy and relaxation. It'll leave you stressed out and bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment