Monday, August 6, 2012

Day Two Hundred and Fifty Four - OSM-esque

The other day I had a sort of epiphany that I would describe as OSM-esque. Because it sounds just like something the OSM would tell me. The epiphany was simple enough: My happiness can only come from me. No one in this world has the ability to make me happy or steal my happiness away. Some people may help my happiness grow, and others may smother it, but I alone can create and sustain my own happiness. Or, at the very least, it has to come from within. I happen to know that without my relationship with God, and His work in me, that I cannot be truly and deeply happy. The point remains that my happiness relies on no one but me. I choose. I decide. I told The OSM this and he said, "I'm so very glad you consider that OSM-esque." And immediately my heart was gladdened. He always helps my happiness grow, though sometimes pruning can be painful, it is also ultimately fruitful. But with or without the OSM, or any of my most excellent friends, inside there is still the ability to be happy. And now, knowing that, I am determined to be happier than I've ever been.

Not a little bit curious as to where this particular epiphany takes me as I follow it down into the Rabbit Hole.

No comments:

Post a Comment